8.11.11

waiting for

When Fred died, he met Lily and James Potter at King’s Cross. They were sitting on a bench, and though they looked as though they had been waiting quite some time, they looked happy. “Are - are you Harry’s parents?” Fred asked. They both nodded. “What’s going on? Am I dead? I think I died - I mean - well - where are we?” Lily smiled. “King’s Cross. A train’s going to come in a while. You can board it if you like. It’ll take you on.” Fred smiled weakly. “Why are you waiting? Are you going to get on the train?” James grinned. “We’re waiting. For someone.” Fred opened his mouth a little bit in comprehension. “If - if I want to wait for someone, can I? Can I not get on the train? Can I sit here and wait too?” Lily and James beamed at him, totally understanding. “Of course,” Lily said. “if you’ve got someone worth waiting for.” Fred cracked a smile that shot from ear to ear. He sat down, and he didn’t care if it was months, years, or decades that he had to wait. He would wait. “Oh yes.” he concluded. “He’s definitely worth waiting for.”

via Accio Headcanons